Browse these examples of personal knowledge management (PKM) system inspiration
When you're in the middle of building your personal knowledge management system, you may find yourself stuck trying to figure out the best way to organize your digital notes. Which note-taking software is best? How can you include reference management? How can you create a streamlined way to organize your files and digital life?
Browse through the PKM setups of the talented creators below to get some inspiration as you build or remodel your own personal knowledge management system.
Quick recap of the tools
In case you wanted a list of the tools used above, they are:
Build your personal knowledge management system with Calmer Notes
Hi friend! 👋 If you're searching for inspiring examples of personal knowledge management system setups, you might be interested in the Calmer Notes method for personal knowledge management.
I've created Calmer Notes: Personal Knowledge Management for Busy People based on my own two-decade experience of applying personal knowledge management in a wide variety of work environments. The Calmer Notes method will take you through the process of creating and maintaining a tailored, mindfully-designed personal knowledge management system to organize your digital notes and files.
This self-paced course (which includes digital book + workbook + PKM app database) is now available for purchase at Gumroad.
- What personal knowledge management (PKM) means -- and why busy people need a PKM system to stop feeling overwhelmed 📚
- How to identify the existing pieces of your PKM system 🔍
- How to choose the right note-taking app that actually works for you (instead of switching apps every few months) 📝
- How to design and create a personal knowledge management system that works for the reality of your right-now life 🕰️
- Years of hard-won, first-hand knowledge about personal knowledge management I've accumulated after years of completing a PhD, an MD, and working as a physician while parenting 👩⚕️
If you'd like to learn more, check out an overview of the Calmer Notes approach or visit Calmer Notes. You'll also get a free guide to the 5 most common note taking myths (that just might be stopping you from building a sustainable personal knowledge management system) when you sign up for my newsletter.
Wishing you all the best on your personal knowledge management journey!