Hi friends! I had such a good response to my first post on personal information system example workflows, that I thought I would make this a regular series. I love browsing through the personal knowledge management (PKM) setups of fellow personal knowledge management enthusiasts to get ideas about tools, apps, or structures I might like to consider adopting in my own personal knowledge management system.
Browse through the PKM setups of the talented creators below to get some inspiration as you build or remodel your own personal knowledge management system.
- Apps: TickTick, Notion, Google Drive, Calibre
- Twitter: @socretlee
- Website: https://email@example.com
- Apps: Obsidian, Excel, Wordpress, Readkit, Zotero
- Twitter: @ton_zylstra
- Website: https://www.zylstra.org
List of personal knowledge management system tools, apps, and software used in these examples
In case you wanted a full list of the tools used above, they are:
- Apple Notes
- Google Drive
- Obsidian Excalidraw Plugin
- Roam Research
PS - Build your personal knowledge management system with Calmer Notes
Hi friend! 👋 If you're searching for inspiring examples of personal knowledge management system setups, you're probably the kind of person who's interested in personal knowledge management and digital note-taking.
But maybe you feel like you're too busy to create an organized, methodical note-taking system. Even if it will save you time and free up mental energy in the long run.
If you're a busy person who would like to create an intentional, mindful, flexible personal knowledge management system that fits your busy life, the Calmer Notes method may be the right fit for you.
I've just launched Calmer Notes: Personal Knowledge Management for Busy People. The Calmer Notes method takes you through the process of creating and maintaining a tailored, mindfully-designed personal knowledge management system to organize your digital notes and files.
This learning bundle (digital book + workbook + PKM app database) is now available for purchase at Gumroad. The pricing is tiered, so early adopters get the lowest price.
- What personal knowledge management (PKM) means -- and why busy people need a PKM system to stop feeling overwhelmed 📚
- How to identify the existing pieces of your PKM system 🔍
- How to choose the right note-taking app that actually works for you (instead of switching apps every few months) 📝
- How to design and create a personal knowledge management system that works for the reality of your right-now life 🕰️
- Years of hard-won, first-hand knowledge about personal knowledge management I've accumulated after years of completing a PhD, an MD, and working as a physician while parenting 👩⚕️